Learning Support Assistant
Access School, Shrewsbury, SY4 3EW
Salary range: £10.60 to £11.10 per hour
34-hours per week, term time only – paid for 44 weeks in 12 equal instalments.
Are you looking for a flexible job around your own childcare commitments?
Or perhaps you are seeking a rewarding role improving the lives of others?
Right now, we are recruiting Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) for our special needs school in Shrewsbury, Access School.
Access School is not your run of the mill school. Converted from a working farm in the heartland of rural Shropshire, Access has established a fantastic reputation as a vibrant, pro-active Special School promoting the best outcomes for our pupils.
We find creative ways to work with very special children, who, for a variety of reasons, struggle with mainstream schools.
Small student numbers mean we can give our very best to the young people who come through our doors every day, whether that is a role model to look up to, or a safe person to trust.
The LSA role involves supporting these young people with their education and enabling them to be the best they can be.
So, if you are resilient, fun loving, and have a glass half-full mentality, we want to hear from you!
We have fixed term contracts and permanent positions to offer depending on what works best for you.
What are you waiting for? Apply Today using the short form below.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work calmly in a team
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff, children, and their families
- To be a good listener
- A sense of humour
Nice To Have's
- Previous sports or activity leadership roles
- Experience working in a special school or similar environment
- Knowledge of the key stages of child development
- Full valid UK driving license
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employee recognition and long service awards
- Health cash plan through Paycare
- Contributory Pension
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Extensive training and career progression (Access to NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young Peoples Workforce)
© 2018 Family Care (Group) Ltd Registered in England Company Number 9266514. Registered office: 60 School Lane, Bamber Bridge, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 6QE