Test job 1
This is a test job, please do not apply
Salary: up to £29536
Salary includes average 2 sleep-ins per week (£50 per sleep)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Residential Childcare team in Shrewsbury who support children aged 7-17 with complex needs and behaviours that challenge.
This hugely rewarding role involves working well within a team. In addition to your childcare colleagues at the home, you will work alongside our in-house therapists and practitioners to ensure each young person is able to thrive and make real change in their lives.
Behaviour is a way of communicating, so one of your most successful skills will be the ability to engage, listen and communicate with people in a variety of ways.
Importantly, you’ll understand the complexity of working with challenging behaviours and the need to be highly flexible, adaptable and resilient, which in return will unlock an incredibly rewarding career for you.
As a Residential Childcare Worker, you will work directly with young people to provide care and support in order to meet their needs and develop their independence and life skills.
You’ll be warm hearted, friendly and have a natural desire to help. In short, you’ll be a real ‘people person’, able to build lasting relationships with young people and with your teammates.
This is a shift-based role covering 169 hours a month (average 39 a week). Shifts are organised on a rota basis, usually you will do two shifts one week and three the next unless you want to work overtime.
Experience of supporting children in a residential setting along with a recognised care certificates such as NVQ or CQF are essential.
So, if you are kind, resilient, and have a “can do” attitude, please apply using the form below.
- Hold a Level 3 in Children’s and Young People’s Workforce (or equivalent)
- Previous Residential Childcare experience
- Must hold a current valid full driving licence
- Be able to work on a shift/rota basis
- Happy to undergo an enhanced DBS certificate upon appointment
Nice To Have's
- Experience of working with challenging behaviour
- Excellent work/life balance
- Fully expensed off-site activities to attend alongside our young people
- On-shift meals provided
- Overtime paid at an enhanced rate
- 28-days annual leave including bank holidays
- Employee recognition and long service awards
- Health cash plan through Paycare
- Contributory Pension
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Lots of career progression opportunities
Job Description and Person Specification
© 2018 Family Care (Group) Ltd Registered in England Company Number 9266514. Registered office: 60 School Lane, Bamber Bridge, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 6QE