Residential Childcare Worker
Oldham, Manchester, OL4
Salary range: £27508 to £29536
Salary includes average 2 sleep-ins per week at £50 per sleep-in.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our residential childcare team in Oldham and help us improve children’s lives.
The team in Oldham use the PBS model to support children with complex needs, learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorders and behaviours that challenge.
Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) is a person-centred approach to supporting people with a learning disability.
You will work directly with the young people to provide care and support in order to meet their needs and develop their independence and life skills, implementing evidence-based interventions and PBS plans to reduce behaviours of concern and improve quality of life.
Behaviour is a way of communicating, so one of your most successful skills will be the ability to engage, listen and communicate with people successfully in a variety of ways. Importantly you’ll understand the complexity of working with challenging behaviours and understand the need to be highly flexible, adaptable and resilient, which in return will unlock an incredibly rewarding career for you.
You’ll be warm hearted, friendly and have a natural desire to help. You’ll be a real ‘people person’, able to build lasting relationships and of course work well in a team.
Experience with learning disabilities or mental health support for adults or children, either through employment or your own personal experiences is desirable for this role.
Recognised care certificates such as NVQ or CQF are desirable but not essential as we can offer training from day one and fantastic career pathways to develop you to gain these qualifications.
So, if you are kind, resilient, and have a “can do” attitude, Apply Below.
- Patience and a willingness to learn
- Ability to work calmly in a team
- Must hold a current valid full driving licence
- Be able to work on a shift/rota basis
- Happy to undergo an enhanced DBS certificate upon appointment
Nice To Have's
- Possessing a Level 3 in Children’s and Young People’s Workforce is desirable (if you don’t have this we will fund it for you)
- Previous Residential Childcare experience (not nursery/early years)
- Experience of working with individuals with a Learning Disability or Mental Health support
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employee recognition and long service awards
- Health cash plan through Paycare
- Contributory Pension
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Lots of career progression opportunities
© 2018 Family Care (Group) Ltd Registered in England Company Number 9266514. Registered office: 60 School Lane, Bamber Bridge, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 6QE