Residential Team Leader
Wythenshawe, Manchester, M23
Salary range: £30550 to £31564
Salary includes average 2 sleep-ins per week at £50 per sleep-in.
Are you looking for your next challenge?
Are you an experienced Residential Childcare Worker, looking to move into a leadership position?
We are looking for motivated, resilient, caring people to join our residential team in Wythenshawe who use the PBS model to support children with complex needs, learning disabilities, autistic spectrum disorders and behaviours that challenge.
Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) is a person-centred approach to supporting people with a learning disability.
You will lead and motivate the team to support and care for up to 4 young people living in the home.
This includes ensuring their needs are met, developing their independence and life skills, implementing evidence-based interventions and PBS plans to reduce behaviours of concern and improve quality of life.
So if you are keen to make a difference, can think on your feet and adapt to situations as they arise, always do your best and can inspire others to do the same, apply today as a Team Leader.
Some duties of the Team Leader include:
• Leading and motivating your team
• To prepare and operate a rota system that provides the safety, security, care and oversight required for all children in the home
• Positively contributing to the Care Planning process of children cared for in the home
• Ensuring that children’s records are maintained accurately and within agreed timescales
• Attend to the personal care needs of young people
• To supervise your team in accordance with the company’s supervision policies
• To be an active and positive member of the management team
• Participate in on-call duties
Interested? Then please Apply Today using the short form below.
- Previous Residential Childcare experience
- Level 3 in Children’s and Young People’s Workforce (or equivalent)
- Must hold a current valid full driving license
- Able to build and maintain trust and rapport with children and staff
- To be a positive role model
- Be able to work on a shift/rota basis
- Happy to undergo an enhanced DBS certificate upon appointment
Nice To Have's
- Experience of supervising staff
- Developing knowledge of a childcare related field
- Experience of working with challenging behaviour
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employee recognition and long service awards
- Health cash plan through Paycare
- Contributory Pension
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Career progression opportunities
© 2018 Family Care (Group) Ltd Registered in England Company Number 9266514. Registered office: 60 School Lane, Bamber Bridge, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 6QE